How Airbnb is spreading COVID 19

 


This is an article towards booking system of Airbnb for Self Isolation and Quarantine.

Covid has already created huge pandemic around the world, and now second wave is also here. siren of ambulance is audible all day.

I am a host over Airbnb. usually guest do checkin around 2pm. i received a notification of booking confirmation at 7pm for same day booking, guy in profile photo was wearing surgical mask, that means he is travelling. when i checked his profile then i figured out that he is travelling from third country and he needed to be quarantine for at least 14 days. 


I spoke with him about his journey and quarantine thing, he said that he is coming from India and he needed to be isolate himself for 14 days but its Friday evening and he cant go to his Hostel before Monday and he is going for Covid test on Monday. His arrival time was around 11pm so he requested me to let him sleep in my place. 


I wanted to cancel the booking but for cancellation of booking for same day, you have to call Airbnb directly and they don't have Estonian helpline number. so i was forced to accept his booking. 


The guy was nice, he came and isolate himself but kitchen and bathroom was shared. i tried not to come in contact with him but Covid virus travels in air also.


After few days, he knocked my door on early morning and said "I got my reports, I am Covid Positive, I will leave this place soon". With that moment everything was changed. After few hours I received a call and email from Health Board that I have to isolate myself for next 14 days. I got so scared that I didn't came out of my room for entire day. 

  • I cant go to my office, so forget work for next 14 days.
  • I am only allowed to buy groceries, that too if I don't have any symptoms.
  • I live alone so only few friends were my lifeline but I am not allowed to meet them also. 
So, I do a humble request to everyone who is coming from third nation and wants to be in self isolation then please don't book a room with shared kitchen and Bathroom through Airbnb this could put your's and Host's life in danger. Its better to book a private room in some hotel. 

Airbnb is taking booking without even knowing the origin of guest and weather he is booking for quarantine or not. They just want to get commission.  This is so strange that Health board and Who is also not noticing this serious issue. 

#airbnb  #stopairbnbuntilcovid  #who



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST SIP, PART-1

A JOURNEY THROUGH HER DSLR PART-1

LOVE MADE ME POOR